by Sabina Longo, WTOP10-TV
With Halloween quickly approaching, Lieutenant Zachary Misztal, from the Oswego Police Department has offered some tips to make your Trick- or- Treating more enjoyable. Lieutenant. Misztal provided a list of ways adults can follow to make their children’s experience much better.
- Children should have reflectors on their Halloween buckets.
- Facial makeup is better than masks so those who are giving out candy can see children’s faces.
- Costumes should be looser fitted children can wear warmer clothing underneath.
- Children should always be accompanied with an adult.
- Know your Trick-or-Treat route.
- Have a safety plan incase you get separated from the group.
- Only go to houses that are well lit.
- Check your child’s candy, if it looks suspicious or unwrapped throw it out.
The Recent trend of people dressed up in clown costumes around the nation has caused panic and fear in communities. “Children can dress up in clown costumes, they just have to be responsible with it,” said Lieutenant Misztal.